Barium carbonate (BaCO3), also known as witherite, is a chemical compound used in rat poison, bricks, ceramic glazes and cement.
The mineral is named after William Withering, who in 1784 recognized it to be chemically distinct from barytes. It occurs in veins of lead ore at Hexham in Northumberland, Alston in Cumbria, Anglezarke, near Chorley in Lancashire and a few other localities. Witherite is readily altered to barium sulfate by the action of water containing calcium sulfate in solution and crystals are therefore frequently encrusted with barytes. It is the chief source of barium salts and is mined in considerable amounts in Northumberland. It is used for the preparation of rat poison, in the manufacture of glass and porcelain, and formerly for refining sugar.It is also used for controlling the chromate to sulfate ratio in chromium electroplating baths.
1. Mainly used for producing PTC thermistor electronic components, manufacturing chip based components, semiconductor capacitors, etc.
2. Analyze iron in calcium, magnesium, manganese, and zinc, and measure halogens in organic matter. It is used for making barium salts, pigments, fireworks and flares, optical glass, rodenticide, pottery, porcelain, and as filler and water clarifying agent.
3. Used as a raw material for the electronic industry, for preparing capacitors, PTC electronic components, positive temperature coefficient thermistors, etc.
4. It is used as analytical reagent, preparation of fireworks and flare fuel, auxiliary material of ceramic coating and optical glass.
5. Used to treat excessive sulfate ions in chromium plating electrolytes, as well as in white passivation solutions for galvanized coatings, and can also be used to treat chromium containing wastewater.
6. Used as analytical reagents, water purifiers, rodenticides, and barium salts, as well as in the electronic industry, instrumentation, and metallurgical industries.
Other Names:Barium Carbonate
Place of Origin:China
Grade Standard:Electron Grade, Industrial Grade
Product name:Barium Carbonate
Application:glass ,soap ,activated carbon,Magnet material , Ceramic glazing ,Insecticide ,Cement ,Ceramic capacitors,Optical glass
Product name:potassium carbonate
Package:50kgs Plastic Woven Bag
Water Solubility:soluble in hot water
Delivery Time:10-20days after received payments
25/50kg/plastic woven bags
Grade Standard:Food Grade, Industrial Grade
Application:The raw materials of the electronics industry
Shelf life:2 Years
Delivery:Within 3-8 Days
Quality control:COA ,SDS,TDS
40000 Kilogram/Kilograms per Week
Packaging & delivery
1kg/bag for Barium Carbonate , or 25kg/bag for Barium Carbonate
Shanghai or any port/FOB HUANGPU